Friday, September 5, 2008

The Little Things - I Found My Tongue

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault

James - In the last week or so James has found his tongue. I'm not sure he knew it existed before but he is very aware of it all the sudden. He is often seen now with it sticking out of his mouth, moving it all around, licking his lips or making motorboat sounds with it.


Haylie - I think the fact that I am an activity junkie (always have to be somewhere, doing something) is starting to wear off on Haylie. Lately she has started asking all the time: "What are we going to do now?" , "Where are we going to go now?" and she is very disappointed when the answer is nothing / nowhere. I want to tell her - "Haylie - you don't aways have to be going somewhere and doing something," but then I'd have to say "Do as I say, not as I do," and I hate that line. :)

Raider - Nothing new for Raider but just a comment about how thankful I am right now for his help! We finally found a babysitter. She is the nicest girl and we are so excited we can actually go out. We went out tonight and left Raider home as well. We told him to make sure and leave her alone (don't talk her ear off!! Luckily she is 4 years older and has a 16 year old brother so she said she was used to it ). When she left tonight I asked her how Raider did and she said he was very helpful. She couldn't understand what Haylie was saying so Raider helped, he knew where things were, etc. I had told Micah at dinner I actually felt better knowing Raider was there because he knows all the kids' routines, he can calm James down if he goes through his stranger anxiety, etc.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I am so glad that you and Micah got to go out tonight! I hope you had a good time. :)

Sarah & Jill said...

Yeah a date night!!!!