Monday, September 22, 2008

I Actually Read a Novel

I love to read but for some reason I have never liked reading fictional books. I read to learn. I have stacks of books just waiting to be underlined and highlighted for new ideas. I often feel like novels are a waste of time, like watching a TV show (only it takes even longer). I would much prefer to sit and read a book about raising children, finding my purpose in life, the biography of a real person or even books on photoshop or digital photography.

That said, I actually just finished two fictional books (in a 3-part series). They were SOOOO good I read the first one and within minutes of finishing it, I rushed out to Borders to buy the second (and I have just started on the third).

The Series is called The Mark of the Lion, by Francine Rivers. Here are the books:


The stories were amazing and the characters will make you feel every range of emotions. The main character is truly inspiring and will motivate you to be a better person. For people who like history, it is even interesting to read about the times and the culture in the 1st century, just after the death and resurrection of Christ.

Just note: If you do decide to read the books, the first five chapters (or so) of the 1st book are really hard. I almost stopped reading the book several times and would have if I didn't have a ton of people telling me these were the best books (and if I wasn't accountable to the girls in my book club blog - thanks girls for the great pick this time!!!). :) At first I thought they were out of their minds. But by the end of the first book you will be so thankful you decided to stick it through. I read the second book in 5 days because I could not put it down. I can't even do the books justice with my review. Read them! You will love them!!!

0 comments: