Monday, August 4, 2008

Please Pray


We need prayers right now for Micah's mom (Sharon) and our family. I wrote previously about Micah's mom's lung condition here, in a post I had titled "Prayer Works," so now we really need that prayer to work. Sharon's health continues to deteriorate as she awaits new lungs, and most recently she is back in the hospital due to a bad reaction to some medicine she is taking. It is so hard to watch someone you love deal with any kind of pain, but Sharon is such an amazing person that we just can't help but count our blessings that we have her in our life.

As I was sitting by her bed today, she wanted me to read something out of her devotional book from Friday which had really spoken to her. The book is a devotional and journal for every day of the year. As I flipped through the pages I couldn't help but notice the thorough journaling that filled every single page up until today. I started reading through some of the entries and saw that she is faithfully praying for each member of our family every single day. I read her prayers for when I was waiting to give birth to James, for my recovery, for our various travels and other things going on in our life. What a blessing to have someone who loves us so much that she faithfully spends time EVERY day talking / writing to God on our behalf.

In our Bible Study we are reading Proverbs and one verse stood out to me yesterday "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." Prov 3:7-8 Even in the midst of her pain and discomfort Sharon continues to Praise God and point everyone around her right back to Him. She has a healthy fear of the Lord and I pray this verse would be true that He will bring health to her body and nourishment to her bones!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the med reaction... We'll be praying for all of you.

Kirk and Abbey said...

I'm praying for Sharon! She is an amazing woman. Kirk heard about this in an announcement up at the capitol...I know that other people at the capitol are witnessing her strength and faith in God during this time. What a testimony!

~april said...

sandy~ you can count me in as praying for sharon and your family.