Tuesday, August 19, 2008

En Pointe

Wikepedia: Dancing on pointe, or en pointe, is the act of standing on the tips of the toes while performing steps from ballet.

Haylie walks around on her toes all the time. Not just on her tippie toes, actually ON her toes. I'm not sure where she picked this up but it looks very painful. Check out the following pictures and then try it yourself - I can't even stand up like this!
The other day Haylie was walking around on her toes and I explained to her that ballerinas dance on their toes like her. Then of course she wanted to put on her ballet outfit and do ballet dances. So, we practiced our plie's, jete's and releve's. She is such a fun little ballerina. I can't wait to put her in dance classes some day.
Look at that pointed toe

Is that 1st position? Plieee... Can you tell I took ballet? :)

Then out of nowhere she did this... I'll tell you one thing - she didn't pick this up from me - she has definitely never seen me do anything remotely close to this :)

4 comments:

Jaime Tyler said...

Have you guys been watching gymnastics on tv? :) I am constantly amazed at the "tricks" Eli comes up with on a daily basis.

Mindy said...

Haylie has quite a natural "turnout" and is that a perfectly positioned 4th position??? That girl's a natural! Although, that tip-toe walking looks awfully painful.

Kirk and Abbey said...

One word - Adorable!

(The pics even look like they were taken in a ballet studio with the wood floors and all!)

Silly Lilly & Family said...

I am truly amazed at the walking on her toes thing. That is amazing and she looks awfully cute in that little tutu.