Thursday, August 14, 2008

Isn't She Lovely...

I find it amazing how much love you suddenly develop once you have a child, that you never knew you even had in you. Like most other parents I think my children are the most wonderful, beautiful creations on earth. I could not adore them anymore!! This is why I have become so fascinated with photography. I don't know that I will ever do anything professionally with it (which makes it hard to justify more equipment to Micah...) but I love taking pictures of the kids so that I can capture every expression and every gleam in their eye! Sappy - I know!

I rarely take photos of Haylie because she is incredibly difficult to get focused and get a good, natural smile. However earlier this week I made a few attempts and I was pretty pleased with the results - she actually gave me quite a few normal faces. I love how Haylie's sweet, beautiful, silly spirit just radiates from every part of her. You can see it in the photos below which is good enough for me!

Here are some of my favorites:

I found this cool collage feature on Picasa - you can't see all the photos but this gives you an idea!
These were my top picks...

3 comments:

Kirk and Abbey said...

Those really are beautiful! You do a great job of capturing her little personality! I think I am going to have to ask for a real camera for Christmas so I can follow in your footsteps!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are so fun and full of life! Great job!

Anonymous said...

She has gotten so big! Great job.

(I've tagged you)