Sunday, August 3, 2008

We Interrupt This Broadcast for a Special Message - Snake on the Loose

I have two more vacation posts left but before I finish I had to post about our breaking news snake situation...

Background: Raider has a snake. It was Auntie Bekah's snake, but when she went into the Coast Guard someone thought it would be a good idea for Raider to take the snake. I have never loved the idea of keeping reptiles or rodents as pets. But enough about that... One day I was putting something in Raider's room when I noticed the snake stretched all the way up the side of his cage pushing on the lid and trying to get out of a tiny hole in the top. Little did the snake know, Raider had left the entire other side of the cage open and had the snake stretched himself up the opposite side of the cage he would have been home free. Well, that sufficiently freaked me out - I covered the top of the cage and quickly demanded that the snake be taken to the nearest pet store and left for some other family to "enjoy." Of course nothing ever happened; Micah brushed it off as no big deal, despite my insistence that one day we would wake up and find that snake in James' crib!

Well this morning, when we came downstairs, Micah opened the cabinet under the kitchen sink, and there, perched on top of the garbage bag box was THE SNAKE!!! Yes, the snake not only got out of his cage, and left Raider's room, but he also went ALL THE WAY DOWN THE STAIRS and into the kitchen!!!! Unbelievable (is there any need to say I told you so?)!!

I ran to get my camera immediately while Micah went to get the snake. As I was returning, the snake started to crawl under the dishwasher. Micah grabbed his tail and began to pull, in a tug of war with the snake...until the snake found Micah's weak point! The snake pooped and Micah immediately dropped him (Micah has an odd fear of bodily fluids). The snake slithered under the dishwasher and by the time Micah got the dishwasher off, the snake was already gone into a hole in the wall. Now we have a dishwasher in the middle of our kitchen, a dead mouse where the dishwasher was, and a snake in the walls!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Anyone know how to get a snake out of a wall?

9 comments:

~april said...

i am soooo with you on this one sandy! iiiicccckkkk to the max! i do not like snakes or rodents or even birds as pets. dogs are the pets God intended us to have, i think!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to retrieve a snake out of the wall - but I had a very clear picture of Micah giving up his hold on the snake when he/she/it let loose with the bodily functions!

Hoping for an "all clear" post soon.

Unknown said...

Eww! Oh my!! Well, on the upside. . . at least you can vacuum behind the fridge and get rid of the mouse! Yuck! I hope you find it soon.

Unknown said...

Whoops, I meant the dishwasher!!

Stantonclan said...

I can't believe that....What are you going to do? The only way I could think to get the snake out would be to use a mouse as bait (in a cage of course). DOUBLE YUCK!!! Good Luck!!

Kirk and Abbey said...

No way! Let's hope the snake makes it outside never to return....(I didn't even know that snakes pooped! I guess, of course they do, but I never thought about it!)

Mindy said...

Better you than me, Sandy! That's freakishly creepy. :( Raider, your snake's days are numbered buddy.

Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bin hire brisbane

yahya said...

I enjoy your posts very much and find it extremely innovative. general waste removal