Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vacation Part 6 - Heading Home

This is the final post about our vacation. I decided to break it out into these 6 parts because I know I'll never remember all the little stories that were important in each place we went - and I especially want to remember them for when I get around to scrapbooking our time (which probably won't be until next year since I seem to stay about a year behind lately). One part of the story I know I will never forget is the 4 HOURS that we spent at the US Border waiting to go home. It was unbelievable - the line was sooo long and backed up it took us 4 hours to go .7 miles. By the time we finally got across we were a little grumpy and hungry (we were at the border from about 12 -4 so we hadn't eaten lunch yet). We had to rush to get to Seattle so Micah and Raider could make their baseball game.
One of the highlights of Micah's trip was getting to check out SafeCo field at a Seattle Mariner's game. He and Raider had some guy time while I hung out with Sarah a little more. Luckily they made it to the game and only missed the 1st inning.
On Saturday we had the opportunity to stop in Portland and visit with the Marleau family, some friends of mine from work. We hung out at the Portland waterfront and found a really big fountain...
...which Haylie had a great time playing in.

The car ride home on Saturday was very long because Micah decided to drive all the way through. He was a trooper as he drove the entire trip, a total of over 2000 miles. We got in at 4 in the morning and we were all exhausted. Look at all these happy faces in the car on our way home though. What a fun time.


At the end of it all Micah and I decided that although we had a great vacation we are not doing anymore big road trips until the kids are older. We were thinking we probably could have had "almost" as much fun without driving 2000+ miles in a week. Especially considering Haylie's favorite parts of the trip were the park, the train ride and the pool - all of which we could have done at home :), and Raider's favorite part was the arcade! However, one thing we definitely could not have done at home was visting with all our friends - the Dillards and the Marleaus. Haylie still asks to go back to Jack's house!

My favorite part was just spending all day every day with my favorite people - can't beat that!!!

0 comments: