Monday, August 25, 2008

The State Fair and My New Goat Friend

As an annual tradition in our house, we checked out the CA State Fair the other day. It was Rancho Cordova day so we definitely had to go celebrate with the city. Our first stop was the petting zoo, of course, where we got to watch the kids have fun petting the animals and where I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with a goat. In the midst of taking pictures of the kids, said goat decided to jump on me. I was a bit surprised at first to have a goat straddling my leg, but then I quickly thought to snap a shot of the goat's face up in mine and toss the camera to Nicole so she could catch this great blog material in action:


After the petting zoo we headed over to the rides where we convinced the operators to let the girls on despite their lacking an inch or two for the minimum height (Auntie Nicole taught Haylie how to stand on her tippie toes just a little when she put her in front of the wall with the line on it).

The girls went on several rides but the bumper cars were by far our favorite. Haylie's foot was just long enough to reach the pedal so she was the designated driver. They had no idea what they were doing and basically just spun around in a big circle for the entire ride. Nicole and I were laughing hysterically. We were trying to tell Kiley to steer, hoping she might take the car a different direction but that just made the girls fight over the wheel and go nowhere, getting bumped by all the other kids. (Even now I am laughing out loud as I type because it was so funny to watch).

After the rides we played some games where the girls got to throw ping pong balls into fish tanks...
then we met up with Raider (who was going on all the big rides by himself)...

and checked out the Rancho Cordova parade - here is Micah dressed in his Rancho gear!

1 comments:

Kirk and Abbey said...

I love the State Fair. So far, I haven't been able to convince Kirk to go with me... I'll have to wait a few years until Claire is old enough to enjoy it and take her instead. Glad you guys had fun!