Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Little Things

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault

I had written this quote in a scrapbook album I made several years ago for Micah's parents and it has always stood out to me. Raider and I were reminiscing today about Haylie's first words and the things she did when she was one, when I started thinking that I really want to get better at writing down all the "little things" that the kids say and do so I can remember them later on. I have little journals and baby books I had intended to use for that purpose but I never get around to writing them down. So, since I have this blog and I always seem to find time to write things on here...from now on I want to do a weekly recap of all those priceless memories I hope to treasure forever!

Haylie:
-Some of Haylie's newest sayings include:
  • Uh-huh
  • U-uh
  • How about...? (H: "I want to watch Veggie Tales." M: No we're not going to watch a movie right now." H: "How about... Dora?" M: "No, no movies right now" H: "How about... Ariel?")
  • A couple more minutes (she thinks she can say this over and over to get what ever she wants like they are magic words!! M: "It's time to go to bed" H: "A couple more minutes")
  • No Thank You (M: "Haylie you need to eat your chicken" - H: "No Thank you Mommy!

-All of the sudden I have a glimpse of Haylie as a teenager - lately she has been quite the little smarty. She is constantly correcting me i.e. H: "Where's Raider?" M: "He's at school." H: No Mommy, he's at church." M: "No Haylie, he's at school." I have been telling Micah about this for a week and finally the other day Micah said something to Haylie about a Baseball sitting on the floor and Haylie said "No Daddy it's a basketball." D: "No Haylie, it's a baseball." The funny thing though is on more than one occasion Haylie and I have started into this back and forth conversation and Haylie actually ended up being right!!!


-Lately when Haylie gets nervous or uncomfortable or just plain feels like being silly she starts making faces. I'm pretty sure Raider taught her these! (One day I'm sure she will be quite mad at me for posting these!)


James:

-James has gotten soooo ticklish lately. When I tickle him he screams at the top of his lungs like a little girl - it is sooo hilarious!

-James has just started grumbling whenever he gets irritated. It is the funniest sound - I will have to try and get a video of it. For now we'll just go with the tickling video we caught a week or two ago (Note: this doesn't even capture the sound James makes when he gets going - he really cracks up and screams!)

Raider:
-Raider and I watched the Country Music video countdown today. We both love music so it's fun sharing songs on iTunes and talking about the newest Country Songs and CD's with him. I like that we have that in common!

0 comments: