Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all my mommy friends had a wonderful Mother's Day!! We had a great day yesterday, well apart from Baby James deciding he would scream his head off half of the day for some unknown reason, but then again he didn't know it was Mother's Day! I got to sleep in - yeah!! and Haylie learned how to say Happy Mother's Day which was so cute and Micah and the kids made me a wonderful card that made me cry (I'm so sentimental now!) One of the best parts of the day for me was my family happily indulging me for some family photo time. I really wanted to get some family photos and I just love experimenting with my camera and with who better than my favorite subjects. I'm not sure any of the pictures will get framed because it's hard to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time that my hair looks ok! but we had a fun time taking photos by the river and then enjoying a picnic with a picnic basket and all!! Later Brian and Nicole came over along with my Mom and her husband so I took some quick photos of them too. What a great day - I feel so lucky to be a Mom!

Also I have to make a quick plug for a company called Colette Creations. Last year I ordered an adorable charm bracelet from them for my mother-in-law and this year I ordered her an updated one (to include James) and also ordered one for my mom. The bracelets are simply adorable and the lady who makes them is the nicest person. I am always so last minute and she is just so flexible and incredibly nice. She does a great job and the bracelets make the cutest gift (photos below).

3 comments:

~april said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~april said...

sandy~ you are getting great at taking photos! i'll have to hire you to take photos of our little one when he/she arrives! and i did get your blogger post --i would LOVE to borrow your maternity clothes! i have been dreading going shopping!

Mindy said...

What beautiful pictures Sandy!!! I absolutely love the picture of Haylie with the little yellow flower in her hair. And the bracelet is even more beautiful than you described! Super cute...great idea for future birthdays and Mother's Days. Glad you had a good day (minus all the screaming, of course). :) See you soon!