Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fiesta

Since I have been on maternity leave, Haylie and I had the chance to join one of those "playgroups" we have heard so much about. We have had such a fun time getting together with friends each week and doing different activities. I have especially enjoyed getting to spend time with friends that I had really missed hanging out with! Today our playgroup had a Fiesta in honor of Cinco de Mayo (which by the way is not a day I want to celebrate since that's the day I start work again). We did have a great time though playing with friends, doing crafts, and eating yummy treats. We even did a pinata which didn't work quite as planned but the kids loved gathering the candy. We are really going to miss doing playgroup for a little while!!

Mindy and Marisa planned fun crafts for the kids. Haylie liked making her tissue paper flower and pinata bag. She was most excited about putting candy in her bag though.

So the pinata was very fun - all the kids pulled on a string and one of them was supposed to open up the pinata. After the kids all pulled hard Mindy was left standing with the full pinata. She was quite disappointed that it didn't work but that made it more fun for the kids because they went to work breaking it open.

I'm so sad to miss out on such fun fellowship with these girls and their kids, but more so I am so thankful that Haylie and I were able to participate over the last couple months!!

3 comments:

Jaime Tyler said...

I knew you'd be blogging tonight! :) I couldn't sleep, so what else is there to do?

Mindy said...

Terrific pictures Sandy! Man, we really know how to party. :) It's been great seeing you at mommy's group! Good luck as you go back to work...we'll miss you!

Christine said...

Great pictures! We all had so much fun!