Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacation Part 2 - Birthdays with Sarah

When I think about some of my most fun and memorable birthdays I think of my friend Sarah. She does such a great job celebrating others and always loves a good party. I can remember more than one surprise party that she threw for me; we were even reminiscing about my 16th birthday in which my dad took us camping and then later rented out a pool for all my friends (which is where Sarah recalls finding her Junior Prom date); we celebrated our 21st birthdays together on our first cruise, and last year Sarah and all of our girlfriends from highschool got together to celebrate our joint big 3-0. Our second night in Seattle was my birthday and Sarah put together the nicest little celebration! It was so sweet. We celebrated at a great pizza place where the kids could even play with their own pizza dough. Sarah invited a couple of our friends from highschool that also live in the area - Jason and his sister Jen and their families (all the girls except for me are pregnant). It was great to catch up with them and enjoy the company of old friends. After pizza we went back to Sarah's house for cake and ice cream. What a fun night - thanks Sar!!!

3 comments:

~april said...

sarah is soooo cool! such the party planner and GREAT friend!

Kirk and Abbey said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sandy! Looks like you guys had a fun time visiting Sarah! :)

P.S. Claire is wondering if your camera is back from the shop so she can come over and see James. :)

Sarah & Jill said...

Sandy- I am really getting old. I teared up when I read this. :)I do love parties!