Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Have Officially Lost the Right to Cut Hair

I've never been very good at cutting hair. It seems like such a simple task to do a little trim, and I generally have enough confidence (ok that's the nice word for it) that whatever it is I can figure out how to do it. Well, I have found out that cutting hair is not one of those things. Way back when Micah and I were first married I tried to give him a haircut - just a small trim with the clippers, all over - can't mess it up. Yeah right - he had this big chunk out of the side of his hair and I was never invited to replace the barber's job again. Well I have trimmed Haylie's hair a couple times now because I hate paying $15 for something I could do myself - "look they just pull the hair straight and cut off the ends; i can do that." NO I CANNOT!
Today I tried to lightly trim her hair and I ended up chopping it. I was trying to even it out but it just kept getting shorter and shorter. I COULD NOT STOP! Let me tell you - IT IS REALLY HARD TO GET IT EVEN! So I finally stopped myself...and it is STILL uneven, but I just can't bear to cut it any shorter. Poor thing will be a little crooked for a while until I get the nerve to go to the hair salon, show them what I've done and humbly ask for them to help me fix it!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I think you did a great job! Short hair is great for summer. This is one of the areas where having a boy pays off--free haircuts. Hard to mess up a buzz, so at least you'll never have to pay for James'!

~april said...

looks great to me sandy! can't really mess up such a cutie!

Kirk and Abbey said...

Her little bob is cute! :)