Friday, July 4, 2008

The Little Things - Enter Selective Hearing

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault

I love to watch how our kids' personalities develop week to week. Here are this week's "Little Things":

Haylie -

  • So I always wondered at what point children develop selective hearing and now I know. This week Haylie decided that she could only hear the things she wants to hear! Example: M: "Please don't touch that." H: "What?" M: "I said please don't touch that." H: "What?" (all the while still doing what she wasn't supposed to be doing.)

  • Over the last week or two Haylie has decided it is funny to run towards the camera as I am trying to take a picture of her. This has made it quite difficult to take a picture of her but it makes me laugh every time, as she runs laughing all the way and lands in my lap. Below are some shots of her new found fun.

James -
  • James started baby food this week. We have begun with squash and he was not too thrilled. He loves to eat but, believe it or not, I think he has grown quite an affection for his rice cereal and he didn't much like it when I tried to change things up.

Raider -

  • Raider actually bought his own clothes this week, with his own money!!! (well his own allowance) He is really liking Vans and Quicksilver lately so one day when we went to the outlets he headed off his own direction (that part is not new) and returned with 4 shirts (whoa). I find it funny that he is developing a sudden interest in his own sense of style!! :)

2 comments:

Stantonclan said...

It looks like you guys had a really good time. Haylie cracks me up she looks so cute in her fire truck picture. Go Raider!! who knew that he would get into buying clothes. I am so proud!

the mathisons said...

Hey there Sandy. Thanks for the encouragement with the photography... you already look pro. I will be sure to get some questions off to you.
I totally get the selective hearing thing... Reese is right in the heart of that phase. Is this just a window into what teenagerdom looks like?