Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Little Things - Potty Training

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault

Haylie:

  • We have not really tried very hard to potty train Haylie yet as she has been completely uninterested and it seemed way too difficult. Well this week I decided to put Haylie in some underwear and instructed her to tell me when she needed to pee. Sure enough she started telling me, "Mommy I need to go pee pee." I am so excited! I was hoping she would just potty train herself and now after a couple days with no accidents it seems to be working :)
  • This week I started quizzing Haylie on Spanish words (Haylie's nanny only speaks Spanish so Haylie has been getting rather good). I had no idea how much she actually knows but I was amazed when she knew the Spanish word for almost everything I asked her: arm, shoe, hair, paint, kiss, water, yucky, yummy and a ton more.

Raider:

  • Not much new this week although Raider seems to have hurt himself at football practice and is back on crutches, hobbling around the house.

James:

  • James is making progress with his vegetables. We have moved onto sweet potatoes now and he is liking them a little better than squash but still prefers plain rice cereal over anything else.

1 comments:

Kirk and Abbey said...

You should add one of Micah's to accomplishments to your list-- we saw him quoted in the SacBee on Saturday! :)